The digital world demands that we manage our careers in a completely new way. The last ten years have been nothing less than a revolution for how and why people’s careers flourish or wither. And if you have no idea how to respond to this, you are not alone. So this is both a problem – because so little exists in terms of new rules, and a tremendous opportunity – because in the words of Erasmus, ‘In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
The GSCG reveals what this revolution means for anyone either in a job or looking for their next one. And more importantly, how you can take a permanent lead with the simple application of some game-changing career management strategies.
The GSCG is divided into two issues that parallel the changes happening in the world of jobs and hiring.
- Internal changes that employers and businesses are adopting and,
- External changes that may affect your career opportunities.
Each issue has three corresponding sections:
- Globalization and off-shoring: Establishing world-class excellence.
- Technology, AI and Robotics: Critical awareness to keep you ahead of the curve.
- Disruptive business models: Career & Job Agility.
- Education and the speed of change: Opportune acumen and savvy.
- Demographics and the ageing population: Evolving relevance.
- Financial resilience: financial choices to increase stability.
Each publication will include recent trends and provide questions you should be asking about your current or future employment situation. We will also suggest specific actions that you should consider to proactively manage your future.
Internal changes will be published in the first or second week of each quarter:
External changes will be published six weeks later (mid-quarter).