Prefer one-on-one? Get started now!
This session is for individuals who prefer private one-on-one coaching and training. If you live in Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island or Massachusetts, you may opt for a face-to-face setting. However, through Go-to-meeting technology, clients enjoy learning about the new hiring practices and processes in the privacy of their home.
This session is private and confidential and is customized for your career goals and industry. A certified Career Success Counselor will spend 3.5 hours with you, guiding you through the Forward Motion process and Communication Essentials to identify your Unique Value Statement (UVS), teach you how to get through the filters of the on-line application systems, and prepare you to win both phone and face-to-face interviews.
Learn three critical strategies:
- Communication Essentials: How to make yourself effective and memorable in print and in person.
- Job Application Essentials: Understand the filters so you can beat the on-line application systems. Learn how to prepare your cover letter and résumé to appeal to hiring professionals and get interviews.
- Interview Preparation: How to make yourself memorable in job interviews and clearly present yourself as a top candidate.
What you get:
- Participant Guide outlining the content of the workshop.
- The Gregorc Style Delineator
- Two Gregorc Extenda-Charts: General and Learner Characteristics
- Tools and Templates for your job search
When: This workshop is 3.5-4 hours in length. It is scheduled between you and your Career Counselor. To schedule your appointment call (860) 833-4072.
We use a Microsoft Word document as a template for both cover letter and résumé. You will need access to that program for PC or Mac, to work with the FM Template. We do not recommend the Open Office or iWork Pages application for this process. Computers at local libraries are usually equipped with the Microsoft Word program.
How it works: Plan to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start time. You need a pencil or pen, and we suggest that you bring a beverage and light snack.
NOTE: Cancellations after packets have been printed or mailed will incur a $50 Materials charge.
Association discounts do not apply to this item.