This is an online webinar and uses Go-to-Meeting technology. Following your registration, you will receive an email with the information you need to attend the webinar. You will also receive your Participant Packet before the webinar date for Part 1. Other materials will be sent via email for Part 2 and Part 3.
You will need a computer and phone (your phone rates apply).
Be sure your computer meets the system requirements for your training. Plan to enter the webinars and meetings at least 10 minutes prior to the start time.
This webinar is divided into two sections. Register for each one when you are ready. You can take all three in one week, or wait until you are ready.
However, you must register for Part 1 before taking Part 2 or Part 3. AND you must register for Part 1 in time to receive your packet of materials.
Learn three critical strategies:
- Part 1: Communication Essentials: How to make yourself effective and memorable in print and in person.
- Part 2: Job Application Essentials: Understand the filters so you can beat the on-line application systems.
- Part 2: Learn how to prepare your cover letter and résumé to appeal to hiring professionals and get interviews.
What you get:
- Part 1: Communication Essentials:
– Participant Guide: A copy of the presentation slide deck.
– The Gregorc Style Delineator
– Handouts to help you in your job search
- Part 2: Job Application Essentials:
– Participant Guide: A copy of the presentation slide deck
- Part 3: Handouts to help you prepare your Cover Letter and Résumé
– The Forward Motion Cover Letter and Résumé Template (MS Word document)
For more information about group webinars call: Dr. Marcia LaReau: (860) 833-4072 or Contact Us.
We use a Microsoft Word document as a template for both cover letter and résumé. You will need access to that program for PC or Mac, to work with the FM Template. We do not recommend the Open Office or iWork Pages application for this process. Computers at local libraries are usually equipped with the Microsoft Word program.
How it works: Plan to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of each session. You need a pencil or pen, and we suggest that you bring a beverage and even a light snack.
NOTE: You must receive your packet for Part 1 before you can take the webinar. If your packet doesn’t arrive in time, you will need to attend a later session. Cancellation after a packet has been shipped will incur a $50 Materials charge.
Association discounts do not apply to this item.